Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mooooooo

Photobucket

So 2 weeks ago I found out Lorali has a milk sensitivity... so that means I can't have any dairy products. So the search was on for non-dairy treats. I have learned that I can have goat's cheese instead of cow's cheese, so I bought some garlic and herb goat's cheese and some goats cheese parmesan. Surprisingly, they are both very good! The garlic and herb tastes a lot like cream cheese. I have learned that soy cheese is NAS-TEE. Rice cheese however.. yummies!

Ok, next treat... soy milk. I have been skeptical my whole life to try this stuff. And after all the fear.. it really isn't bad. I got light chocolate soy milk at Whole Foods.. and its really good! I also found soy ice cream. Its ok... just ok. I probably won't buy more.

Did you know that there is dairy in margarine? Well there is. So, I found margarine made with soy instead of milk. It tastes just like the real thing. Side by side, you couldn't tell the difference. I am so grateful to live here close to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.. it makes this whole no dairy thing A LOT easier.

Lorali is doing great since I stopped having dairy. She barely spits up at all... and she is gaining weight! Its wonderful to see her happier and more comfortable. She is sleeping better, crying less, and smiling more! :)

Until next time world.... Reidhead out

1 comment:

  1. sleeping better, crying less, and smiling more! that is the only thing that matters. I love it when they are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete